Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ain't no money in rock n' roll



Euro Update #1

Back in Europe…back on tour with the st dogs….shows have been really good…really really good, except for the first night, where apologies to our Berlin fans we totally shot ourselves in the foot by overpricing our tshirts….duh…ha ha….We had a wild drinking night in Stockholm followed by a equally wild night in Finland drinking again. It’s really hard to not drink around our tour and label mates, they are definitely seasoned drinkers….we definitely can’t go out at all without things getting exciting, whether it’s a bar fight or old flames, we just can’t seem to keep the drama under control….We just made the cover of our first magazine in Europe….SUE magazine and to add more fuel to the fire our magazine in all it’s glory was at the bar we chose to drown our sorrows in whilst in Finland….The thing about drinking is your perception of things totally gets skewed depending on how much you’ve had to drink….I’m always right when I’m drunk….unfortunately everyone else is too ha ha…my night was just a big rowdy messy mess of alcohol and civet/stdogs shirts…..sometimes after a night such as this it’s good cause it puts me in check…I want nothing more to go crawl back to the rock n’ roll love I came from, put all my time and effort into something that I know won’t ever disappoint me, and if it happens to, it’s never personal….it’s rock n’ roll….I want to write…I want to break away for a second and get back to the basics that feel really good..I wouldn’t be out here touring and dealing with all the bullshit if the pure act of playing and being one with an audience every night wasn’t so intoxicating. It’s never about the money or the love or the crazy hangouts, it’s always about the music and I just have to not forget that….Sweden, here I come, a little worse for the wear, but ready to rock n’ roll…..

No comments:

Post a Comment