Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rock of Love

Long day at work that got really bad really fast....it started out harmlessly enough, with my coworker scoping out the myspace Paris
Hilton "closet" special....damn that bitch has a huge closet! It was a slippery slope and before we knew it we were watching old episodes of "My New BFF"....I really don't know who is crazier, the girls and one guy on the show or Paris herself. I mean everyone makes fun of her for being stupid and really thin and a bad role model etc.....but whats really sad is there is NO substance there....I mean...how great to grow up with everything right? Yeah, no...I think I'd pass.....struggling and working hard for what you have builds character....and I wouldn't give mine up for a hotel chain....that's why I think being broke is a blessing in disguise....you have to be smart enough and personable enough to work yourself out of the trenches....it can be done! Suz and I had some pretty rough times at the beginning of this year, oh hell maybe even the end of last year.....but we're definitely sitting on top of the world now...it's about being a survivor... (ed. note.....see below photo as to why we should all dislike her....she taps tattooed men who are meant for my sister!)

Wake me when it's over! Oh wait...it is....

Photobucket

Soooooo we went on a reality binge at work (more on my "work" life to come), which ya know isn't really work, but whatever.....I really love all the VH1 stuff like Daisy of Love n' Rock of Love....and the New York goes to series....I'm a sucker for bad tv (and vicodine, and the occasional drunken sexcapade, but shhh!)...those are my tops....along with rockin' behind the music specials and anything with Ricky Rachman in it! Oh and i love love love The Soup.....So I've been successfully rotting my brain lately...but all this good fun will come to an end when we hit the road in 2 weeks! Yeah! Two fucking weeks....get me the hell out of here! I will most definitely trade my sweet cable for some fresh air and trouble!

Sinister of Love (where do I sign up?)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a girl from Brazil and I have to say that i really like your band ( a friend of mine send the myspace to me).
    About the post, I hate Paris. The world would be better without she. I agree about being broke, I prefer.
    So, that's it. I hope you can understand my trash english.
    xoxo, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Liza about the whole needing to struggle/be a survivor to actually have substance. I feel the same way. You have to go through shit and earn your successes. I don't think I could be proud of anything I didn't earn myself. Sure sometimes like lately when it has been fucking dead as hell at the bar I work at, I think can't I just be a rich author yet, but if I ever get there at least I will have earned it.

    And I love me some Rock of Love and trash TV, too. And I have no shame about it. I'm glad you are the same way. That is truly bad ass!

    ReplyDelete