Monday, June 29, 2009

1, 2, 3, Warped Tour Turkey!




DAY 1

Oh Warped Tour! It's our third time on this SOB and I just now feel that we've got the tools to sufficiently rock it. We always do about 3 or 4 days, but this year we thought we'd go big with 7....we also couldn't say no to the great stage and $ we were offered.....The people who work on warped are amazing and don't take any bullshit...that's exactly why the tour has been around so long! Kevin Lyman rides around on his ghetto fab bike like the reigning king.... and by looks of him I'd say touring is good for you!


Day one went off easier than I expected...Pomona is notoriously just a nightmare with the heat....I ran around frantically trying to see if I could find the Gunfight play their 1130 am set....I missed it, or so I thought...they actually played later and I legit missed that....however I didn't miss waking up at 8am in SF to Duane and Goat doing skate tricks in front of our van....reminded me of the good old days when we were in the studio with Duane and he schooled us in the ways of gang vocals and punk rock freestyling (ex. "Everything Everything" off Massacre)

BREEGH-BREEGH-ORGH-ORGH!!!!! Me n' my long lost brother Joe
Photobucket

DAY 2
Today is day 2! My all-time favorite day so far!!!!! I was able to play the best ourdoor live show I've ever done, to a much appreciated and attentive crowd.....and then I got to catch my friends in Aiden play as well....its really hard to watch your friends on warped tour cause the scheduling is always so wonky.....just so you get what I'm saying and a little insider insight....this is a typical day of what really happens on warped!

1. wake up at an ungodly hour
2. load in
3. get your scheduled time.....get really diy and put up posters and run around saying hi to all your warped homies
4. doors! get dressed for the day....head on over to catering @ 12....stand in line for a million gazillion hours.....fyi NO ONE cuts the line, unless you are motherfucking fat mike or the equivalent!
5. now the day goes one of 2 ways...sometimes you play early, like 1 PM and there is no nap time....that just means the day starts super early! I love nap time....it keeps me from killing people! Also nap time sometimes doubles as time to see your fav bands on Warped (ie. Aiden, the AKAs, Devil Wears Prada, or AntiFlag!
6. press!!!! this is always fun cause you get to tease your fellow rock n' rollers during interviews....this can get tedious, as most interviews aren't that original, but for the most part it's cool!
7. play!!!! my friend Will from Aiden once told me that you work really hard all day just to rock out for these kids for a 1/2 hr....this is why you are here, ya better make it worth it!
8. signing!!! this happens everywhere...sometimes at your tent, sometimes at the labels tent, sometimes at a tent with a good cause! you go where your manager sends you!
9. load out!
10........BBQ!!!! this is always fun...it's just a party and really good food......
11. drive all night and do the motherfucker again....NO HOTELS!
YES! THIS WAS OUR AMAZING SF CROWD!!! LOVE YOU!

Photobucket



Day 3!!!!

I can honestly say I've never been happier in my life than I am right now. I'm truly blessesd.I've got an amazing band and great people in my life....two (well three if u count the band) great jobs....and fuck....we just played our 3rd amazing show at warped....that's what we like to call a TURKEY (like in bowling!)!!!! The best part was looking back today to see Justin Sane...one of my punk rock heros watching from behind me...that shit always feels good...I guess the fact that Matt Skiba was watching our set would have made me feel good too, if he had shared the fucking beer! I feel like we've really got our flow down this warped tour and we've done enough touring to have our a game on at all times! I got to be the best rock n' roll big sister today when I introduced my little brother to the toothless, godfearing, sexmachine singer of the Devil Wears Prada...My lil' bro was soooo stoked on me....made my day!!!! We did a signing for the BOARDING FOR BREAST CANCER tent....to help raise some money....I'm not really into a lot of polictical causes, but I'm really into the girl cause at all times, and I just try to do the right thing....I try to get behind boobies because who doesn't like those?


Trying really hard to keep you guys posted!!! Always sooooo fucking busy at WARPED!!!! Check out my Twitter updates www.twitter.com/lizagraves

I STALK THIS CRAZY BITCH ON MYSPACE

Photobucket

HUSKIES!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see you ladies in OKC on Aug 11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving us the insider view of Warped. Seems like such a fun thing to be a part of, one of the ultimate punk rock adventures. And glad the shows are going so well too!

    ReplyDelete