Friday, June 26, 2009

The Veronicas

Suz dragged me out to the Veronicas the other night! I thought I was gunna hate that shit, but I ended up being really really impressed! The band focuses on two sisters who are Australian.....jess and lisa who rival suz and I in terms of the coolest sister duo ever! Now I'm gunna preface this review by letting you guys know that we pounded (oh no....this is not the beverage you pound!) a whole bottle of champagne before walking out and catching a ride from our good friend Skye (Chelsea Smiles)....That's right babies! We did it NY style and didn't bring a car for our night on the town...isn't that always so freeing?


Last time I went to the Henry Fonda was for a Distillers show that Ryan Sinn had hooked me up backstage for....a million years ago....hmmm....not sure how I feel about sharing that piece of info, but I was friends with Ryan and Heather and they are really really good people.....so I'm gunna leave it at that....Tony ain't so bad either, yet I don't trust him as far as I can throw a plate of TOI....

The opening band is that girl taylor from Gossip Girl....oh shut up! Before I hear your eyes roll back in your head lemme share! She blew my fucking mind...that girl (who is only fucking 15!) is knarly and has the toughest voice outta anyone I know! I couldn't get over how much she sounded, and strangely looked like Kurt Cobain of Nirvana....suz drunkenly slurred at me "I wouldn't be suprised if Kurt Cobain came back as a 15 yr old girl"...... http://prettyreckless.com/

We were spotted immediately by Joe who works at Fender and his homegirl Celia (photo above!)...."What are you two doing here?" ha ha...yep....busted.....I don't know why everyone is so suprised...I mean we fucking went to the Spice Girls reunion too! We like pop....no shame in that, we are punk as fuck and we can like whatever we want! Champagne and pop!!!! The Veronicas put on an amazine show. It was exactly that! A show! Complete with backing tracks....a little (but not a TON) of choreography...and a little bit of switching it up with some acoustic ballads....great lights! Tons of energy and songs I knew! ("Hook me Up!") I think they even have a spread in ELLE this month....go check it out!!!! Watch out ladies "THE CARMICHAELS" pop duo are hot on your trail....

Photobucket

Decided on closing off the night on a bar crawl where we met up with our manager aka "mama"ger aka my personal assistant at times, and occasional fill in mom.....ok she's also my "in case of emergency" person as well now that Ace is MIA...motherfucking Laura Jean. So we walked like 3 blocks (once again...feeling SO NYC) to the scene of our Beauty Bar cover shoot for the HHNF record.....It was the first time I'd ever drank in there....pretty cool! They were even offering fake eyelash apps (not cool!) ha ha....suz and I were still on our champagne buzz then (cue "all i can taste is champagne" by sugarcult) and we were dancing and just having our own little party... honsetly there weren't that many people there....Some obnoxious drunk guys that were british tried to start a conversation....uh, no....I don't do British guys....ever. After a good catch up sesh with our friend Holly who works for the band who shall not be named, because if ya aint got nothing nice to say, don't say ANYTHING at all! Ok, lemme give you some hints.....er, they are on Warped....they are ALWAYS on warped....they aren't american.....er, joan jett....one word...er, three letters.....girl singer....OK THATS ALL I CAN SAY! Anyway.....fucking Holly is the shit and we like her a lot....She told us all about how suzi's dream black man has problems in bed....and a whole bunch of other stuff we probably didn't want to know! Go check out one of our favorite sites http://sorry-mom.com/ you can thank me later!

We headed over to the Burgundy, which is always a hot spot....Jeremy and his infamous pink mohawk were DJing, oh wait, maybe just his mohawk was DJing? We argued about his sexuality and danced in the 2 by 4 area alotted.....Oh the rock scene in hollywood....shoulda gone to the rainbow and met up with the AKA's...we rolled out when too many girls with my hair showed up.....

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I agree with Suz, makes sense to me too that Kurt Cobain would come back as a fifteen year old girl, ha! And I like the sounds of this girl, will have to check out her music.

    Again, I can't say it enough, I love that you have no guilty pleasures, that you are just like I like this, who cares.

    Also the sorry mom website, fucking hilarious. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Pictures up!...for the record I cant stand TAT, but Joseph can, EEEWWWW.X.O, Celia.

    ReplyDelete