Friday, July 10, 2009

EuroTrashed Pt. 1

Jacq and I with the biggest Boom Box I've ever seen!!!!
Photobucket

7/5 Rossum - NL


I’m not gunna lie - today was pretty incredible….it was the very first show we’ve ever done in Europe and while there were definitely some technical issues…i.e half of my set I had to play strapless…as in the guitar, not my clothes…AND the fact that the response was kinda weird…..I thought, hmm….NOT GOOD…then we killed it in merch! Turns out it’s just the way people react in the Netherlands. The venue owner, mind you, the venue was more barn, than venue….Adrian….was amazing! He even insisted on auctioning off 4 Social D tix that he had secured us….We had booked a show the next night, which put an extra 200 Euro in our pocket, score!!!! We got fed an amazing authentic Holland dinner and Suz and I ran? cart wheeled? through the pear field in the back. This crazy pegan metal band headlined….it was truly something you had to see to believe…they were in full viking gear, and although they sounded amazing, I just couldn’t get my head around the fact that this was something I’d only seen in VH1 the history of metal specials with the chart that breaks down all different kinds and Ronnie James Dio freaking you out….
Where do I get one of these dreaded babies!!!???


Photobucket

I’m sooooo excited to be going to Germany tomorrow….It will be like going back to my homeland... I hope I feel overwhelmed coming back to my country….Our driver Matayas, aka M DOG is rad…..he called us out when we said we didn’t drink….he said that’s not true cause he’d seen it on our myspace pages (research?)…….Anyway, gunna spend the next two weeks convincing M DOG that Left Alone (and some other bands whose shirts he’s been sporting) are the enemy ha ha….seriously need to sleep off some jet lag and a little bit of a heartache!!!

*Highlights*
The Dutch Ron Jeremy
Pegan metal is alive and well
Reno Divorce doing Social D dirty
Welcome to Amsterdam! Drink!!!!


Photobucket

7/6 Stuttgart -GERMANY!!!!
“Don’t you hate it when you pack too much shit and you end up using only the top layer?” Elia on tour clothes

Stuttgart!!!! Fuck yes…..here’s our group photo with the 2 opening bands Shark Soup and Stehcafe! This show was pretty packed….I was stoked on everything ‘cept the stupid Charlie and the Valentine Killers poster (eh, thanks, but NO thanks!) for their upcoming show…. It was a super cool bar and an AMAZING show! We stayed in a hotel with Shark Soup, who we totally needed to check in cause dude only spoke German…..their merch guy looked like a super German Jared Leto and handled that shit….At that point there was no crazy hotel parties as we had all done a ton of drinking at the club (I was carrying around my own personal JD bottle if you wanna get an idea of where I was at!)…plus that hotel was like something out of HOSTEL, totally terrifying….not to mention the guy at the desk kept our passports. I made it!!! It’s ok!


“Did you seriously just put your eyelashes on the bodet?” Elia to Suz

7/ 7 Magnolia Summer - Milano, Italy

Italy! OMG…..I’ve been here a few times, and man are these men touchy…..I think it’s in a good way…it kinda freaked some of the girls out….We got to drive through Switzerland today…I’m gunna be honest I slept through most of it, cause Matayas is a pretty good driver and Suz takes the floor of the van when I want a whole bench….It was BEAUTIFUL! We stopped at a WC that overlooked a huge lake….it was incredible…I actually felt the urge to throw myself into it….Tahoe ain’t got shit on the Swedish waters….customs was a little scary, but the hot dude at the Italian border made up for it…we just started doing the usual, which is to hand over a postcard with us all looking dolled up, that generally shuts everyone up…M Dog couldn’t believe we worked so smoothly…ha ha…The people hosting Magnolia Summer took really really good care of us and the best part was we pulled enough people to take really good care of them as well!!!! Not sure how many people were fans amongst ALL the fucking press! This band the Svetlanas (?) opened up for us….they had a chick singer who shocked the shit out of me, it was very Bikini Kill circa ‘02 with a little bit of Naked Aggression and, wait for it….. SNAP HER, mixed in! Does anyone remember that band Snap Her? It was good!!! I was impressed….we did an interview and took some photos before the show….Usually I’m all for shit like this, but I was a little overwhelmed cause it was my first internet access in ages and I just wanted to take care of some business (i.e. talk to some loved ones)… we did press up until the start of the show, which was FUCKING off the hook….lots of kids, a ton of press and it was in a green house, so it was ALL sweat…..this was the first time in my career I ever felt my space had been invaded by fans…a ton of people came up to sing, I got grabbed (in a good way!) by the audience during solos…..starting to play more for myself and in that I feel like the show I put on for everyone else comes across better!!! I am stoked on all of these HEADLINING euro gigs…we got this shit covered! It is gunna be off the hook when we come back with Street Dogs in October!

p.s. “golf clap” to Jacq tonight for joining the revolution of “we’re not taking shit from shitty men!”



1 comment:

  1. We've had one on those dreaded babies (the dog). My grandma bought it in Hungary and took ik back to us in Holland. :)

    ReplyDelete