Monday, July 20, 2009

Eurotrashed Pt. 3 (ciao!)



Why Prague!? Why?!!!


I will never again drink another “mushroom” aka a coca cola and red wine drink aka “hoba” ….sounds super dangerous to begin with right? I probably wouldn’t have even started on those if I hadn’t had one too many drinks already! Our day off we stayed at our drivers house, M Dog…who is totally cool and young and we’ll probably take him out on the next run.
Our day was long and sweet, consisted of a ton of H&M shopping, a traditional pub meal…we saw the famous bridge, clock and castle….which was weird because no matter who I asked none of them had a name? Spent too much money…drank way too much booze! We headed over to a pub to hang out with some of M DOG’s friends, who were all really cool and polite even thought Jacq and I were drunk and obnoxious….I don’t remember much after the “mushroom” incident, but I’m lucky to have a sister who did bar rescue at 3 am AND assisted with the most important drunk dial ever…ha ha….it was a good night….so good I wouldn’t repeat it if someone paid me…ugh hangover city here I come!
 
Vienna and our last day in Austria!!!
 
Don’t get me wrong, I had such a great time on this tour, maybe a better time on the headlining shows than on the Dropkick shows, but I just can’t wait to get on that plane and get the fuck back to the states…there’s this weird homesickness I feel….where I can walk into a Starbucks or a B of A or turn on my phone and talk to my mom or my man…these are things I can’t really have over here and I’m disconnected. I’m sure Oct’s euro trip will feel a bit different b/c I will be out here with all the people to love, a little less too miss!!!
 
Vienna show was good!!! There were some very obvious civet people and as always, the opportunity to reach like 3000 of Dropkicks fans…that’s always a treat….there was something about Vienna and the open air theatre that was pure magic…the sound was amazing for an outdoor festival…I was still suffering a bit of a hangover from my run in Prague, but other than that the day was good!!!

RANDOM FANS IN DRESDEN, EUROS AND THEIR BOUNDRIES!

Photobucket


We spent the night in the haunted (supposedly) bunks that are in a building across from the venue….It was crazy!!! There was an all night party going on downstairs….like just cause the show was over didn’t mean people had to leave! They played some of the best rock n’ roll music I’ve ever heard…they were even rockin’ Sahara Hotnights “Rock-a-way Beach" cover! We left the windows open cause it was a million degrees and read all the graffiti in the bunks…the best was the “ACO loves cocks” one…ha ha!!! Lots of exes on those walls…the strangest part was when a couple came in and asked Elia and I if they could use the table….we were like “wtf? Are they gunna have sex?” but no... they straight up did lines of speed of the table in front of us poor terrified American girls….goes without saying that we immediately moved the “speed” table off in front of the door to barricade ourselves in! The rest of the night was uneventful except for a crazy nightmare about a “zombie hostel in Vienna” ha ha…As I was falling asleep, just as I thought things couldn’t get any more magical fucking Distillers’ “LA girl” came echoing through the hostel windows….”That bitch”, I thought !
 
Oh Austria my love… Round/show number two you definitely have to be my fav show of the Dropkick run! All around good time had by all and even though I wasn’t drinking cause I think I’ve got a little cold, I sure felt drunk most of the night….usually we have good shows and it seems like the parting show is always fucking stellar…like we really feel the need to show what we’ve got as we are walking out the door..ha ha…not that DKM haven’t seen the good, the bad and the ugly, oh and what we are now! But you always want to play your best. We did well tonight….my “Dirty Glass” run was awesome, er, that is until Ken Casey choked me out from behind…I really hope some video of that surfaces….oh shit! Speaking of video, jacq showed us that new video but THE DEAD WEATHER…pretty fucking impressed….it’s funny cause I thought that they were called “The Dead Mothers” and I thought, "Damn that’s a SICK name!!!" Anyway, it truly seems like everything Mr. White touches turns to gold, AND damn can someone buy me sweet leather jacket like that girl in the video!!!

IF YOU LOVED ME, YOU'D BUY ME A JACKET SUCH AS THIS
 
Dead Weather Pictures, Images and Photos
 
 
We had a blast hanging out after party style with DKM…like I said all of the guys are really fucking cool, really married and really reserved, so it’s rare that we all get to sit down and talk tour or equipment or life etc…it’s special…even more special was the fact that everyone was ridiculously drunk but me (ugh cold!) plus I swear I still feel hungover from the other night? Grizz was telling me how him and Andy (supreme sound master) were gunna give me an earful when I came offstage in poland like 10 min early, but they were scared when I started screaming at them first….there were NO monitors and Grizz had helped me fix my strap (sabatoge!!!) that broke 3 songs in…I was in KILL MODE….they said they were like, “uh, nevermind, she's obviously way more heated than we are, we’re just gunna let this one go” …lots of fun stuff….it’s always good hanging out with the crew and I got the epic business talk from Ken about where to go next (and a lil bit of antiantiflagging)…I knew it was coming…I know what we’ve got to do to get there……eveyone get scared…we’re really to be that band…..
 
DKM n' CIVET TAKEN OVER THE WORLD 

Photobucket

Travel n’ such!
It was sad saying goodbye to our driver Matayas, other things that were sad include our shitty exchange rate, sleeping at the airpoirt for 7 hrs, oh and of course being picked up by a cousin I hardly remember and getting dumped off at grandmas once we got to seattle….wait, grandmas ruled, but where the fuck were the homemade cookies?!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment: