Friday, July 10, 2009

Warped Tour Wrap up!!! And DIRT!!!!

I had a blast the last few days of Warped….the last show was great and the dust pit was really moving, so were the shout-outs from Anti-Flag (until they showed their true colors cough, cough)….New Mexico and San Antonio were a little hot and scary….but the after party in Las Cruces was pretty sweet….I took one last final ride with Will from Aiden on the moped…I just want to congratulate him on his recent marriage and the fact the he’s gunna be a daddy!!!!! Will is rad and Aiden really, really deserve more respect than they get…their live show kills it, and I think all of Aidens fans or bands that have toured with them know just how hard working and legit they are….It’s unfortunate, but sometimes it’s hard to shake off a negative image like that. I remember when I went to do some clips for Buzznet.com about the upcoming Aiden/Civet tour…I didn’t even know Aiden yet, but I said some fucked up shit about us sharing eyeliner…I don’t regret it cause all of them have a rad sense of humor and they got it…. In fact, while I’m at it, I don’t regret anything. Despite what some people think, I NEVER hooked up with Will…he’s totally just a friend…and a fellow musician and I’m super stoked for him!!!! Congrats from Madugo!

Photobucket


Heading into San Antonio and Houston was totally the best part of Warped hands down…that is if you don‘t count the van breaking down in the middle of nowhere by Ft. Stockton (sightings capital of the world!) We were forced to wait 7 hrs for a tow because we were in a dead zone and got NO cell service…. We watched ALL of the warped vans pass us by, which goes against what I was told about how “oh all the warped vans look out for broken down vans, it‘s just code” Uh, code MY ASS! So our problem just ended up being some big bad bugs in the air filter, but I‘m still convinced it was extraterrestrials…

The last show was great and although Frank Carter the 3rd may not return the love, the Gallows show was awesome in Houston….if you don’t like what you are seeing Frank, get the fuck off my stage…..Justin Sane however, you are always welcome! Tobe (Street Dogs and my fav band WELT!) came down to hang out and shuttle me around like the rad guy he is for a few days…I guess I’m not really allowed to say he’s more than a friend til he’s legally uh, you know, but part of me no longer cares at this point! I went to some creepy wine bar (and lets get this straight- I am not a foodie!) but I’m definitely interested in all things dark and scary and La Carafe definitely qualified….the dirt bar or whatever it was was kinda cool too (sans the GG‘s…we won‘t even GO there right now!)… The rad bartender even played a little HHNF for me when I came in….there’s nothing better than going to a bar where they play your own music….it’s flattering and embarassing all in one….ha ha….I got super drunk on something strangely resembling the infamous Japanese OOLONG HI’S (that, by the way, is what got me into this mess in the first place!) and the rest of the night it a blur….right? Right?


Dave King (Flogging Molly) Tobe Bean n’ Me
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment