Saturday, July 25, 2009

Live and Let Die





Photobucket


First Social D show
Seattle WA, Showbox SODO


This had to be one of the BEST shows of my fucking career….stellar! We brought that shit!!!! Ha ha…the crowd was amazing, as always, I really really love Seattle…..My grandma lives in Seattle and I’ve spent a lot of time here…there’s something that makes you kinda crazy in the water, but I think that if you don’t stay too long you should be safe! Despite all the shit I’ve heard, Mike Ness is a pretty stand up guy…he came in right off the bat and introduced himself and told us to let him know if we needed anything. The only band that ever rolled THAT legit with us was Dropkick…I’m really big on the band that comes and introduces themselves to the opening band or support band…it’s just respectful…So stay tuned, but Mike Ness is looking pretty stand up guy. It was good to see a lot of our friends on this tour, Suzi’s ex Dave Stucken came out with the opening band the Strangers. Our favorite tech (Alk Trios tech) Matt Steinke is out here and peace has been made, so we are all set! Oh and Jonny Two Bags….last time I saw him I was getting arrested, that’s always fun right? Seattle we love you, and we’ll be back soon!!!!!

Highlights include my mom starting the circle pit & pulling some "highway robbery" on Guitar Center in exchange for tix...love it!


Vancouver aka Vancougar Canada!



Great show even though I was a little under the weather…it was our first time throwing our tech Jared under the bus…we let him flail a little bit and learn his was around our stage plot etc. Sadly it was an “EPIC FAIL” when my guitar strap broke! Yes, again! I will tell you why I think this is: (I have a Gibson Classic that is chambered and I'm convinced there's a pocket where my guitar strap screws in, it eats all of the toothpicks I put in to secure it!!!) I had to run offstage and grab my back up since tech city was no where to be found…other that that the show was stellar. I was a bit tipsy cause my throat has been bothering me and figured a little whiskey/hot water/honey combo might help…and damn did it! My voice was good and my balls were out…ha ha...I was pretty tough cookie last night…I accidentally gave myself a slight rugburn during a rock slide however…debating whether this move is good for my health….Suzi (aka the NEW number 2) did the scariest jump I’ve ever seen from the stage to the baracade, which we had talked about at soundcheck, but it was way too far to make….she uh, totally made it….shocking!!!! Ness was watching from the side of the stage and I’m a bit guilty of snarling at him while we played…I was boozing and not afraid of anyone, even motherfucking Mike Ness…ha ha…Although the border was cool and the venue started off cool and the show was WAY cool….the phrase of the day came to be “Epic Fail” ha ha….fucking Canada…I haven’t decided yet whether or not you have a special place in my heart yet….tonight we shall see!!!!


Border cross 2 was a fucking EPIC FAIL….all I’m gunna say is you catch more flies with honey and I have NO problem with authority…it’s easy if you know how to work people…I can’t handle the negative energy around me right now, just need to get back to the venue for my show STAT!


Me and our Euro Driver MDOG!!!
"Vhat the Hell?!"
Photobucket

Vancougar (Round 2)

This was the first show of my career I’ve ever came close to missing! It was phenomenal….i can’t believe I made it….and well, it rocked….lots of boom boom, swagger swagger at this one! We had to get on a "boat" in order to head over to Victoria...this resulted in us actually filming a mock "I'm on a boat" video....yes, we are that fucking funny on our days off...stay tuned! I have a special appearance as "T Pain", Er, "T Graves" ha ha

Victoria

Just being in this sleepy vacation town made me think of that one man Army song “Victoria” how about “the two of us, we talked to much, can you hear them? Calling your name? I wanted sooo much more, than to be a martyr for, a dying breed”... We played at the “Royal Theatre” which was just that, a theatre….everyone had strictly assigned seats, the upside of playing a theatre, like a legit one, is that the sound is always immaculate! The crowd for this show was sparse, it was so bizarre, I really thought no one was gunna show up by the time social d went on. I even had a bet going with suz as to whether or not he would actually play…I lost, he did! During our soundcheck he came up and busted my balls about dropping a water backwards off my cab last night….spilled all the way down the front of HIS marshall cab…eek….I was like “that never happened, I have no idea what you are talking about”... The techs had came up earlier and said, the Boss (yes! They fucking call him the boss, he’s SOOO cool) requested no more water on the amps…My luck he was watching the whole thing with himself….
the late, great One Man Army...better that way (cd butchers the live show)!
one man army Pictures, Images and Photos


Show was killer!!! Like I said though, the crowd was sparse…it’s hard to judge a show like that, so you just have to go bye how it felt to you. My monitor mix has been phenomenal since Jared our tech has been on the job….I’ve never been so happy with my stage sound! I had NO voice all day, side effect of that nasty cold I made worse by flying home….I did everything all day long, emergency, hot tea, aloe vera juice, listerine, and finally fucking olive juice. Yes, it was REALLY gross, but I had to play the show and I needed a voice for it, so I sucked it up and took a big swig of the thick stuff! Wouldn’t you know it fucking worked! It was super temporary, like 10 min per swig, so yeah, you guessed it; I had to drink several gulps during the course of the set. At one point I looked over at Two Bags on the side of the stage and did the biggest, meanest gulp ever. He looked horrified. Suz says he must love it, but really he’s got to be terrified…after watching me get arrested last Sept and some of my onstage antics, good luck figuring that one out! Ha ha

Tour is getting good, we are starting to get in the swing of this particular tour, I feel at ease like I was missing in Europe…I know everyone (didn’t hurt that I knew a lot of people before the tour) It really feels like home. I was afraid to do this tour, cause Mike Ness is fucking scary, but you know what, there’s something really REAL about him that puts you at ease…like why would I ever be afraid of this guy? He’s a good guy. I think that was the secret to his success, that something of ease that he lends people…

1 comment:

  1. Glad the Social D tour is off to a good start and it's cool to hear about your impression of Mike Ness so far. Sorry about the throat issues, but it sounds like you are rocking your way through them. Wish I coulda been at that Seattle show!

    ReplyDelete